Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Map of Florida Antenna Locations

This evening, I needed to generate a custom map of antenna locations for the great State of Florida.  I snatched some data from the FCC and was quickly on my way.  I decided to use state borders, county borders and roads as my reference features (note: no hydro).  You can see the neat border affect I produced by combining the county and state borders.


You can clearly identify your relative location within the state, despite the road networks being mostly translucent.  You can also clearly identify antenna locations using the legend.


As you enter lower scales, roads become well-defined and antenna locations are more precise.


At this point, roads have well defined widths and antenna locations are labeled using their call sign.

No comments: