Sunday, August 9, 2009

2M JPole Testing

I hit the outside today to test out a 2M Jole Ed Evenson handed off to me at field day. It's a really nice unit he put together (and a very kind gift). I only had a few minutes just now but got it all strung up for a quick test. I'm going to see if I can catch anyone around this evening. I was able to trip the repeater at 5W and 1/2W and I only had this thing strung up maybe 9 ft at most. One thing I plan on grabbing today is a nice ladder!

I picked up the SMC / BNC adapter and smc bridge over at radio shack. I was actually reasonably surprised at the number of adapters they had available there in store. You can see the attachment piece and bridge connectors below, notta bad!

If all goes well, I should be back on the net this week.

73's


2 comments:

Joseph Armbruster said...

I ended up catching K1JPG on the repeater this evening. When i'm set to 5W my signal is apparently excellent! So i'll be back on the net this week, woot!

Joseph Armbruster said...

Woot, Al, W2AS checked me in a few minutes ago. I'm officially back on the SVTN!